Oh! What a night! Proceeding went on ‘til late, fighting broke out and the
police were called and several arrests made but the HPIC Christmas was a
much more sober event and all the more enjoyable for that.
A great deal of thanks goes to Sue Gibson who planned the event. It was
great fun. About twenty people enjoyed the celebration of Mikey Hey win
this year’s Challenge Trophy; the results are shown below, a splendid
buffet offering a wide range of hot and cold food for all tastes including
some magnificent deserts; lemon marang pie, pavlova and a chocolate
log. Sue also did us proud with a challenging quiz some of the questions
within which are shown below just in case members would like to
undertake the challenge over the festive break. Answers will be
forthcoming when meetings resume in 2022.
The pictures are by kind permission of Kamal Samanta.
The Top Five Results of the HPIC 2021 Challenge Trophy:
The Quiz Questions Compiled by Sue Gibson – Thanks Sue
1. How many pennies were there in a pre-decimalisation Pound?
2. You never walk alone is a show tune from which musical?
3. Which letter is represented by a single dot in Morse code?
4. Which country is the world’s largest producer of Olive Oil?
5. The Halliwell Jones Rugby League Stadium is in which town?
6. What was Dorothy’s surname in the Wizard of Oz?
7. Who made the headlines after cheating on ‘Who wants to be a
8. With which UK airport is actress Lorraine Chase associated?
9. Which spice is named from Hungarian for pepper?
10.In which City do you find the Mary Rose Museum?
Groups of Animals – name the collective noun
1. A ……… of Hyenas
2. A ………... of Owls
3. A ………. of Otters
4. A ………. of Squirrels
5. A ………. of Vultures
6. A ………. of Barracudas
7. A ............. of Whales
8. A ………. of Snails
9. A ………... of Elephants
10.A ........... of Woodpeckers
Answers Next Year!